Wednesday 15 May 2013

City Of Joy



I really enjoy writing this blog and do see it as a component of my overall creative practice.  As any regular readers will be aware, I’m quite prone to writing extended posts.  Indeed, throughout my life, I’ve always tended to launch into essay mode given the opportunity.  I’m not really ashamed of it, and I don’t think discourse and concerted intellectual activity should be devalued. Actually, it's one of the things I like about the blog form in general.  However, I am aware it puts me out of step with the general tenor of social media and indeed, of the very times in which we live.  Thus, without giving up on the longer-form bulletins, I’ve decided to augment them with shorter, snappier entries too.  These will just represent spontaneous thoughts and visual observations, (often apropos of nothing else in particular), to exploit the diary potential of a blog more fully.

Enough waffle, - here’s the first…




  Another new day in the City of Joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment