Wednesday 20 February 2013

R.I.P. Little Dudley




I have to admit I've always been a bit sentimental about animals so I'll hope you'll forgive this indulgence.  I'm a bit heartbroken at the moment after the death of one of my two cats.  Dudley was killed by a car earlier this week at the age of 12.  Although he hadn't lived with me for a while, I saw him regularly and will miss him like hell.




Most people who have pets know you can get surprisingly attached to them and I have loads of good memories of him.  I don't know if animals have personality or just traits but he was a definite character and entertainingly eccentric in several respects.  He was physically small but very intrepid and, consequently, always getting into scrapes.  Cats are traditionally said to have nine lives.  I suspect Dud had already used up about eighteen.

I'm just sorry he couldn't find one more.


1 comment:

  1. Roses benefit from having a deceased cat feeding their roots. Would that count as an extra life?

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete