Wednesday 1 January 2014

Written City 11: Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot..



West Leicester, December 2013


I’m not wholly sorry to see the back of 2013.  It was a bit frustrating, for myself, (both creatively and in terms of distracting health niggles), and for several other people I know, (for varied reasons).  Happily, it seemed to end more encouragingly, so here’s hoping 2014 allows more headway to be made by one and all.


West Leicester, December 2013


What did happen last year was that my own creative practice started to become more diffuse in terms of media engaged with, ideas explored and source material drawn upon; and I’m hoping that will all pay dividends in 2014.  However, the images here reminded me of the kind of default visual sources that were so important to much of the work I was already producing prior to 2013.


West Leicester, December 2013


I still love this kind of thing.  When I spotted it over Christmas, it was a welcome reminder that, however preoccupied I may become with the mechanics and implications of my work, the world will still hand me these little gifts when I least expect them.



Happy New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment