Monday 18 January 2016

Art Decades



All Images: Frog Island, Leicester, January 2016


Although our recent snowfall was pretty short-lived, it did create a few appealing photo-opportunities in the local urban landscape.  I pass by this burnt-out factory site,, near my Leicester home on a regular basis.  This time it seemed to take on a vaguely East European, Cold War kind of vibe.




It's the sort of bleak aesthetic we'd have surely fallen for during my Sixth Form and Foundation Art Course years - when such melancholy, dystopian stuff was very much in vogue.




Anyway, such nostalgic reflections led me to permit myself a little self-indulgence with Photoshop filters for once, - in search of something slightly more expressionistic in quality than normal.




Of course, I may have been especially receptive to all this, through having played Bowie's celebrated Berlin albums several times, since his recent demise.  At the risk of spending rather too long following his extended, media-driven, cortege, you could do worse than accompanying the images here with either of these...










No comments:

Post a Comment