Saturday 7 May 2016

Trolley Splash 2



North Leicester, May 2016


I accompanied another photographic expedition with our GCSE students, the other day at work. The weather has finally picked up here in recent days, so this time, we ventured out to the local waterside park in search of verdant subject matter.  Inevitably though, my own lens was drawn to the detritus of urban life, in preference to the burgeoning greenery and tweety birds surrounding us, (lovely though they were).

The last time I took photographs at this particular spot, I found a wonderful submerged bike, but this time there was an equally attractive casualty.  It's almost like someone's leaving them especially for me.  Cliches such motifs may be, but that doesn't mean they don't actually happen, - and often to massively poetic effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment