Wednesday 18 December 2019

'Constructed City' 7: Off Plan



Untitled Experimental Collage (Work In Progress), Screen Print On Paper, December 2019


Following on from my last 'Constructed City' post, here are a few images of my first reconstructive collage fumblings, and also - of some more of the sketchbook studies that are fuelling all this printing activity.



Untitled Experimental Collages, (Work In Progress), Screen Print On Paper, December 2019


As I spelt out previously - the yellow lash-ups are little more than a crude device to get beyond a perceived mis-step.  However, they've already served that purpose, and proved something I've noticed before; namely - that an arbitrary, physical juncture in an image can often be far more eloquent than an overly-deliberate illusory one.  As usual, it's all about willingly surrendering to chance, rather than seeking to exert excess control - I suppose.



Collage Fragments, Screen Print On Paper, December 2019


As you can probably make out from these images, such collaged juxtapositions play a major role in the sketchbook studies, and it seems inevitable they will continue to dictate the way my print-based images develop, as the 'CC' project evolves.  What is evident, is that I need to continue compiling a much wider range of printed raw material, before that process can really take off.  Also, things should also get a lot more interesting, once some more overtly photographic elements start to intrude into the printed work.  In order to make that happen, I'll need to capitalise on the CMYK printing skills I picked up a few months back - something I intend to address in the New Year.




'Constructed City' Sketchbook Studies, December 2019


For now though, it's just a case of doing whatever I can with my existing screens and stencils, before Leicester Print Workshop closes down for the Christmas period.  I should be able to make at least one more visit this month (if not two), and will, no doubt, keep anyone who's interested, posted with yet more slightly repetitious work-in-prog. pics. 


'Constructed City' Sketchbook Studies, December 2019





No comments:

Post a Comment