Sunday 17 September 2023

'"I'm Not In Love": Selected Collected Redactions, Paintings By Andrew Smith', At Malvern Library, September 2023 [trans_late/trans_scribe/con_verse/ex_tract]

 


All Images: Andrew Smith, 'Collected Redactions' Paintings, Malvern Library Gallery,
September 2023


[Reconfigured/Translated Audio Transcript of Exhibition Conversation Extract]:



[It’s The First Shot]: 


I'm starting to show now. It depends on where it is and how strong someone's accent is, yeah? - and if I have a base… or what I'm doing at home. Now, friends - I have a laptop because I don't have TV - so I'm at home watching YouTube on my laptop connected to my stereo. Timmy's little speakers on the laptop are dead, so I plug them into my amp, yeah? - and it runs and runs…

 










[I’m Halfway There]: 


However, because of the good results, I have less control over the bass and treble of the system. You know, it's an old-school hi-fi system… but I have the option to decide how to set it up near and far - this pathetic microphone here, or the speaker… then of course there are all these uncontrollable things - the dialect or accent of the person in the video - the quality of the YouTube video… and the sound and controls on the laptop itself. 











[I End Up With Some Kind Of Subtitle]:










'"I'm Not In Love": Selected Collected Redactions, Paintings By Andrew Smith', continues at: Malvern Library Gallery, Graham Road, Malvern, WR14 2HU, until 28 September 2023






No comments:

Post a Comment