Tuesday 23 April 2019

A Guide To Music Micro-Genres 3: Vitriol







Vitriol (See Also: Baltic Spleencore):



If this actually exists I must hear it... If it doesn't exist, it fucking should/ be manufactured from scratch in a board room after rigorous data mining has taken place and focus groups have been consulted// Except I know it exists. And that it's good!// In fact a lot about the entire genre and the people who perform it worries me, but whatever. i need some brutality in my life and it seems like a good place to go for it// It focuses on the the question of human existence, and the feeling that there is no purpose or explanation at the core of existence// There's good music in and around, about 4% like most genres, but the rest is just/ a certain awareness one has of the experience while living through or performing it// Rough estimates are usually sufficient/ cos it has that whispering, barely audible voice work that a lot of modern "horror" filems could learn a lot from.




I swear this keyboard is haunted. I type shit out and nothing, then maybe 30 sec. to a min. later it types out a bunch of nonsense not even close to what I typed// I find this stuff p embarrassing// Only someone who has visited one of Tibet's charnel fields and witnessed the offering of a corpse to the vultures may be able to understand/ that calories and fat are complete red herrings// Melancholic and fascinated, such is our general situation in an era of involuntary transparency// Sugars and carbs including bread are the real problem, meat, eggs and dairy are just fine/ to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...




Being a vast genre with multiple subgenres/ even band names become abbreviated to signify/ the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence// There's not a moment to waste// I dip my toe in everynow and again, but I just can't seem to float my mind back to that perfect spot where it used to be. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic// The apocalypse is finished,...all that remains, is the fascination for desertlike and indifferent forms, for the very operation of the system that annihilates us// Many artists would disagree though, as one of its tendencies is to always push the boundaries (shifting away from "popular" approval) and becoming even harder, faster, stronger, and more reckless// There are no necessary norms, rules, or laws/ but rather/ chaos, shrilling/high-pitch sounds, velocity/ and the private parts of the band.




Once you get past second wave then it's kinda...meh// Who knows. I think some of you may know what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment