Friday 23 December 2022

Significant Yellow Item: #2022.Y016 [trans_late / trans_scribe]

 


All Images: Central Leicester, November 2022



[Reconfigured/Translated Audio Transcription]:


This Weather Spoon restaurant suffers from the OIK fallacy. Erase the belief that everything is equal if it is already known. Well, duh! - the point is that the restaurant should take occasion to help the person who does not know what is the restaurant’s custom. No one was there to greet me, the customer. I needed to go to the bartender to ask at what table I may sit. No one came to take an order for a drink or for a meal or to clear the tables. There was a QR code if I had had use of a real smart waiter or waitress. I got up and went to the bar, maybe in order to phone my table to get the table number, or to pay for my order. There was no way of memorising my table number. There was no menu at the bar. There is an irony in the fact that there was on the customer's table a very large paper magazine. The food/drink menu could have been printed in the news (a tiny card could have explained that). Refusing a menu to the customer is Covid prevention. The map could have led me to the area where I noticed several elderly ladies had trouble. Negotiating these steps, chicken was brought to my table by someone you have to fetch alone. It would seem that the steps should be transformed into a ramp.
















The chicken was very tender and must have been processed very well to be ready to be served so quickly. The grill marks on the processed chicken looked like the ones on the regal chickens. One must go to seek salt at another table, and condiments at another table full of coffee and probably tea by itself. There's nothing in the missing menu to indicate it. I wanted another drink but I didn't know what would happen to my plate if I had to go to the bar and get another drink. Note in hand then, I left - asking the scorer not to take my plate (there was no one there to protect my plate from things other people might do to it). I noticed there were menus visible on the way out but not visible on entering. The Weather Spoon was very successful with this mysterious system but for me it's quite short. When I come back to England I will never again try to eat at a restaurant.












No comments:

Post a Comment