Tuesday 25 February 2014

Advance Notice. Stewart Geddes: 'Zed Alley' At Campden Gallery, Chipping Campden



Stewart Geddes, 'Bollowall', Acrylic & Mixed Media On Panel, 2013


A few months ago, I wrote a post about the painter, Stewart Geddes.  Stewart was a contemporary of mine on the Fine Art course at Bristol Polytechnic in the early 80s and I was pleased to see he has gone on to have a successful career as a painter and art educator.  I came across his name in a copy of ‘Turps Banana’ magazine [1.], and was immediately intrigued by his current work when I found examples of it on his website.


Stewart Geddes, 'Spamon', Acrylic & Mixed Media On Panel, 2013


Anyway, I notice Stewart has an exhibition, ‘Zed Alley’, coming up in March at Campden Gallery in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire.  It’s been a pretty busy start to the year for me, as far as exhibition visits are concerned, (I really must get on with some work, myself), and I definitely intend to add this one to the list while it’s open.  I would definitely recommend anyone else interested in painting to do the same.




Stewart Geddes’ ‘Zed Alley’ will run between 8 March and 30 March 2014 at Campden Gallery, High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6AG.

There is an exhibition opening from 12.00, on Saturday 8 March at which, I assume, you can meet the artist himself.




[1.]:  ‘Stewart Geddes In Conversation With Albert Irvin’, London, ‘Turps Banana’, Issue 13, Spring 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment