Sunday 16 February 2014

Belgrave Gate 13: When Dinosaurs Walked The Earth




The serious work has just started down at Leicester's condemned Belgrave Flyover.  I'm away for a few days now, just as the interesting stuff is occurring, so found myself down there today, wiping cement dust from my lens and teeth whilst trying to capture as much action as I could.



Belgrave Flyover, Leicester, February 2014



I got lucky, both with the glorious illumination, and the fact that several large machines were all working simultaneously within reach of my lens.  Though It's hardly an original thought, it's impossible not to see these as mechanical monsters extending their necks to take bites from the concrete.  In fact, something about the fortuitously epic quality of these images reminds me of the dramatic book illustrations of dinosaurs that excited me, (and most people, I imagine), as a child.



Belgrave Flyover, Leicester, February 2014



Hopefully, there'll still be something left to record when I get back from a little jaunt down to Cornwall.  The timing's not great in several ways but, hopefully, my friend Dave will be able to get down a few times with his camera during my absence.



No comments:

Post a Comment